Starts in 21 Hours, 49 Minutes
June 22, 2018 to June 24, 2018 All Day
L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University
No.2, Satpayev street
L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University, 2 Satpayev, Astana, Kazakhstan
After the success of ENU International MUN 2017 organized from 31 May to 2 June 2017, ENU MUN CLUB decides to organize the second session of ENU International MUN in 2018 to further promote its spirit of the accurate simulation of high-quality negotiation with the real United Nations rules of procedure.
ENUIMUN 2018 is a four-day conference for university students held from 21 to 24 June 2018. It is estimated that 150 selected participants from different countries will congregate at L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University to confront and debate issues of international importance in 7 committees:
- Disarmament and International Security Committee
- Social, Humanitarian, and Cultural Committee
- Economic and Financial Affairs Council
- Committee of Experts on Cybersecurity
- United Nations Human Rights Council
- Security Council (debate and crisis)
- Council of the European Union
The conference will be organized in Astana, the host city of EXPO 2017, so it offers a unique opportunity for all the participants to explore the legacies of EXPO 2017 and experience cultural values of Kazakhstan.
Inspired by the speech of the Secretary-General António Guterres: “Our world faces many grave challenges: widening conflicts and inequality, extreme weather and deadly intolerance, security threats – including nuclear weapons. We have the tools and wealth to overcome these challenges. All we need is the will.”, the theme of ENUIMUN 2018 is “The Will” to focus all the agendas of committees on solutions to build up and call for a shared will of the international community in the attempt to transform our future.
Participating as a delegate at ENUIMUN 2018, students will have the opportunity to become a real diplomat who voices their own perspectives and opinions about pressing matters facing the globe and negotiates with representatives of other countries both formally in committee chambers and informally through lobbying with a view to jointly drafting a mutually acceptable resolution which will be adopted by the committee as a concerted effort of the international community to address matters of grave concern.
By simulating tasks of a diplomat, delegates will have a chance to:
- understand more about diplomatic etiquette and protocol
- get a comprehensive understanding of real United Nations Rules of procedure
- enrich your knowledge about international issues
- grasp thoroughly current situation of countries involved in the negotiated matters
- know how to compose diplomatic documents
- hone presentation, debate and negotiation skills
- improve analytical and critical thinking skills
- widen social network with foreign students from different countries
- participate in dynamic and diverse cultural activities
How to register for ENUIMUN 2018:
1. Fill in all the required information and answer all the required questions in the following application form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE_w1-lZTmHbO46QoKSc7xrrxaxX6QOVF8IkpSjSWgvzmJ1w/viewform?c=0&w=1
2. Submit your application form and wait for your application to be accepted by the organizer.
3. As soon as your application is accepted by the organizer, you should pay your application fee ($25) based on payment method offered by the organizer (details will be announced in the acceptance email). The application fee covers lunches and dinners during the Conference (4 days).
4. The organizer shall inform the applicant of receipt of application fee and the delegate application process is completed.
1. Regular registration deadline : March 31, 2018 for visa applicants
April 20, 2018 for non-visa applicants
2. Late registration deadline : April 30, 2018 for visa applicants
May 20, 2018 for non-visa applicants
– visa applicants are those who need a visa to enter the Republic of Kazakhstan
– non-visa applicants are those who do not need a visa to enter the Republic of Kazakhstan